Thursday, October 6, 2011

A penny for your thoughts

Well, meet an old lady at the bus stop outside the MRT station..
Hmmm, she looked kinda dirty, with sunglasses, and wearing a dress I think
If I'm not wrong, there's a stench coming out from her..
And she was asking for $1.20 for her transport fees.
Well, I guess majority's initial thought would be is she a swindler?
But what if she isn't?
And although I had the exact $1.20, I didn't gave her anything more than 30 cents..
Well, I did told a lie that I didn't had $1.20 and she told me I could give her $2 if I didn't have small change..
But what would you do if you were me?

At that time after I moved to another spot to wait for my bus..
I was wondering what if what's she said was the truth?
Wouldn't I be making her feel more helpless?
But what if she's lying?
And what if in future, I was the one who forgot to bring money out? What would happen to me? =/

Hmmm, or maybe if there's such scenario in the future, I should just ask her where and which bus is she going/taking and help her pay directly instead of giving her the money? At least you know where your money goes to?

No comments: