OHHH! This is a must tell!
In TP, I used to teach Yang Qin, GuZheng though I know close to nuts about them! I mean.. I don't know these instruments well but I was 'forced' to teach as there's no instructors available during the day of practice.
Well.. actually I'm pretty glad about this.. coz it encouraged me to venture and learn more about the unknown on the spot!
And YES! Hahaha! Last wed, 23 Jan, I went to teach Greenridge Primary School CELLO BASS!! Wow! that was the least expected! Haha! Actually I was supposed to do conducting at Holy Innocent (LOL EVEN LOUDER). Then on the day when the in-charge came to pick me up.. he told me there's a change of plans and that I'm going to Greenridge (at Bukit Panjang) to teach CB! Well and I think he's kinda expecting me to say okay without asking if I know Cello/Bass! Haha!
Well, but it went well.. Just that the kids are kinda active and they are always fidgeting and asking tons of questions! But at least, there's this girl, Jessie Boo (a P6 Bass player) who offered me seat and is the most sensible among all. I guess she's the president or da jie over there!
Kids there were:
Jeven (a pri1 boy who's very shy with a very low cello coz the stand was spoilt)
Joshua Tan (quite clever I would say, and he told me a girl farted during dazu.. and asked me to find who that person is.. But in the first place.. HOW DID HE KNOW WHETHER IT'S A GIRL/BOY?)
Oh no, there's this boy whom I forgot his name.. he's the most active cellist. But I find them the most talented among all!
Qifang (Bassist) A very quiet girl whom I didn't even get to interact with! =S
Too bad it's like almost 1.5 - 2 hrs away from my house, or I would go teach more often! =D
And here's a photo of your beloved Cello/Bass Teacher! =D



No comments:
Post a Comment